Friday, June 24, 2011

Chocolateria San Churro, Glebe


A dessert fix was in order after El Loco and straight away Cheesecake Boy and I thought of San Churro.  When Cheesecake Boy and I first started dating, we spent a lot of late nights at San Churro chatting, nibbling and sipping the time away.  The first two weeks we discovered San Churro, we came so many times that it took a few months for us to recover and make a return visit.  Anyway, Cheesecake Boy and I love San Churro when we need our ocassional late night churros fix.


I ordered my usual English breakfast tea, and Cheesecake Boy got a milk couverture hot chocolate.  It differed to his standard order of thick Spanish hot chocolate here, that I find to be super rich and a whole cup would definitely induce me into a chocolate coma.  Anyway, back to the milk couverture hot chocolate that was ordered.  Cheesecake Boy said, "it was nice and creamy.  Not too heavy, not too light, just right."

Milk couverture hot chocolate, $5.50

Before Sweet Infinity brownies entered my life, the brownies at San Churro were my favourite when they were heated up perfectly.  As San Churro chocolate brownies can be quite temperamental, on this visit the brownie was quite stiff and dense, as it was not heated up enough.  It was still good, but it didn't reach those chocolaty fudgy heights when they're at their peak.

Brownie, $7.90

If Cheesecake Boy and I could only indulge in one treat here, we would without hesitation choose the churros.  These Spanish doughnuts have never managed to disappointed us, they were beautifully crunchy on the outside, perfectly fluffy inside and absolutely blissful dipped in milk chocolate. 

Churros for two, $13.95

Chocolateria San Churro is the perfect spot for an afternoon pick me up or that late night sugar fix, but when they're busy it can be practically impossible to get a table.  However, we adore the churros so much, that sometimes I think the wait is worth it.  Only sometimes though, and that's saying a lot for a girl who hates to wait.


Munching away, Dumpling Girl.


Chocolateria San Churro
47 Glebe Point Road
Glebe NSW 2037
Ph: (02) 9692 0119

Chocolateria San Churro on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

chopinandmysaucepan said...

I'm not a fan of dessert and I thought churros only come in straight sticks! Looks like a mean stab on that brownie :)

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

I was here last week and found their churros to be overcooked. I had much better ones yesterday in the city. :-)

Dumpling Girl said...

Hello chopinand, I know you prefer the savouries, we really do have an awful sweet tooth. Lol, the fork even found it had to make it's way through the brownie :)

Hi Joey, it's a shame when food isn't cooked to our liking, can be down right annoying. Hope to see your post on those churros in the city, I'll definitely want to check them out.

Jen said...

Their churros are my favourite. And I love the Spanish hot choc in small doses.

Dumpling Girl said...

Hello Jen, the churros are my favourite too. Lol, agree with the small doses of Spanish hot chocolate :)